Orange Smoke Recipe
By June 7, 2013Published:
- 2 oz Lapsang Souchong Infused Seneca Drums Gin
- .5 oz Aperol
- 2 Dashes Whiskey Barrel-Aged Bitters
- Orange Peel
- For Lapsang Souchong infused gin: Put 1 Tbsp. of Lapsang Souchong tea in a pint Mason jar. Fill jar with gin. Let the mixture soak for 6-12 hours, tasting periodically until it is satisfactorily smoky. Strain out the tea leaves, and store at room temperature. Use as desired.
- Mix infused gin, Aperol, and bitters in a shaker with ice. Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Bend and spritz the orange peel over the drink, then rub the rim of the glass with the peel to coat with orange oil. Drop orange peel in drink.